Jersey is considered as a seasoned business location and provides credibility to offshore companies. Tax exemption and an excellent banking and legal infrastructure provide the real advantages of incorporating a company in Jersey.
Incorporation takes only 5-10 working days. Initially a name search will be conducted before the registration is submitted. We will let you know if your preferred name is not available and may offer some alternatives.
The usual authorised share is £10,000. Minimum paid up capital is £1. Shares are permitted and can be registered shares or bearer shares.
A minimum of two Directors and one shareholder is required. Both directors must be real persons and not a corporate body. Public records of directors are not publically available, whereas, for shareholders, records are publically available. If you need confidentiality, we offer services for nominee directors and shareholders. A full register of members and charges must be maintained at the registered office in Jersey.
A Company Secretary is a requirement of an offshore company. There are no residency restrictions.
A Jersey offshore company must have a registered business address on the island.
An offshore company is required to file an annual return. Offshore company accounts are required as well.
An offshore company is not required to file its annual audited accounts each year. No public filing of accounts is required
Exempt Companies are exempted from all forms of Jersey taxation. However, they have to pay an annual tax exemption fee of £600. Main advantages for tax exempt companies include:
- 0% tax on income arising outside Jersey
- 0% tax on interest arising from Jersey bank deposits
- 0% of any capital taxes within Jersey
- No income returns (other than for Jersey sourced income, excluding bank deposit interest)
- Appointment of local directors board meetings in Jersey
- Registered Address and Agent
- Government fees
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Appointment of First Directors
- Consent Actions of the Board of Directors
- Share Certificates
- Register of Directors and Members
- Company Seal*
Delivery of the physical seal will be extra.
- Services Office
- Nominee Director
- Nominee Shareholder
- Audit Exemption Certificate
- Bank Account opening